The Dramatic Society of the College, Rangayan, holds a prestigious position among the top dramatic societies in the University. Rangayan, was founded a decade ago with the aim of inculcating in the students an appreciation for theatre and dramaturgy as well as highlighting collective conscience as an imperative. In eleven years since its inception, the Dramatic Society of ARSD College has worked towards staging productions that serve to entertain and educate. The society uses theatre to create socio-political awareness. Its success is testified to by the enormous talent and unmatched enthusiasm of our budding actors and the dedication of the teachers. Every year, Rangayan organizes a month-long production oriented theatre workshop in collaboration with National School of Drama and Sahitya Kala Parishad. Over the years, Rangayan has produced plays like Ek tha Gadha, Mauvze, Court Martial, Maharathi, ect. receiving critical acclaim in national dailies. It also excels in street plays. The major street play productions under Rangayan have been Ye Dilli Hai, Unke Rang Mein, and Azaadi, and so on. Rangayan, to celebrate its ten years of existence, recently organized a three-day theatre festival from 20 to 22 Jan 2015 at Sri Ram Center entitled ‘Rangsheersh Jaidev Natyotsav,’ in honour of Dr. Jaidev Taneja, an eminent dramatist, playwright and founder of the Dramatic Society of the College.
Achievements of Rangayan:
1. At the Annual Cultural Festival of AIIMS, Pulse, on 19th September 2015, Rangayan bagged the 3rd position winning great appreciation from the judges and fellow participants.
2. The preliminary round of the street play competition of Asia's biggest cultural festival, Mood Indigo (IIT Mumbai) was held on 2 October 2015, in which the team Rangayan successfully qualified.
3. At IIT Roorkee's Annual Cultural Festival, Thomso held in October 2015 Rangayan bagged the first position, creating a historical moment in the journey of Rangayan.
4. Rangayan secured first position at Shiv Nadir University in October, 2015 performing Adhoore Mein Bhi Poora Hun, a play on the harsh life of differently-abled people.
5. At the Annual Cultural Festival of IIT Kanpur ANTARAGINI 16, Rangayan staged its street play production The Last Laugh receiving tremendous appreciation.
6. The students of Rangayan performed the play Maharathi at Sanskar Bharti, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi on 21 February 2016 which was covered and telecast on Lok Sabha TV.
7. At the prestigious Mahavidyalay Natya Samaroh, organized by the Sahitya Kala Parishad, our College won two awards for Best Actor Mr. Amit Kumar as Karna in the play Maharathi & Best Exhibition Award.
MEMBERS- DRAMATIC SOCIETY
1 Mr. Ajeet Kumar (Convenor)
2 Dr. A. Sudha Devi
3 Dr. Syed Mubin Zehra